Translate to Your Language

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Prayers & Positive Needed to Sustain Chief Theresa Spence...

[ALL OUR] RELATIVES, "We are all one people", I want to ask one more thing of you - could you post the following on your [Facebook, Twitter (#idlenomore #THERESASPENCE #strengthchiefatawapiskat), Blog, and any other Social Media] for one hour or for the rest of the evening to support our relative and sister; Chief of Attawapiskat? Let's all pray for her hunger strike, this is her first day. I spoke with her myself yesterday and these words are true:

"I’m willing to die for my people because the pain is too much and it’s time for the government to realize what (it’s) doing to us. Somebody asked me if I was afraid to die. No, I’m not afraid to die. If that’s the journey for me I will go and I’m looking forward to it." ― Chief Theresa Spence


Original post from Harmony King, one of the organizers of the Idle No More - Meadow Lake scheduled for December 18, 2012

Other Reads:

3 comments:

  1. If strength is the surest path to victory, then victory will be yours Chief Spence. I am not a First Nations Person but I stand in solidarity with your struggle and condemn the Canadian Government for what it is doing.

    All my positive thoughts go out to you at this time of struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so much courage, you are very inspiring to our people doing this for everyone and our land.. I can't begin to explain the respect I have in you.. May God be with you at this time, and give you the strength to get through this.. In Jesus name amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chief Theresa -
    blessings and aloha from another Theresa in Hawaii Ne. Have emailed your story to many here on the islands. Fasted for you 2 days ago and sending strong pules (prayers in Hawaiian) for strength, courage and favor with opposition that years of oppression may crumble down with the feather you hold. Sang for years with AIM, traveling with Russell Means, Red Crow and worked on the 3rd mesa apprenticing with Grandfather David (Hopi).
    Mitakuye Oyasin
    I stand with you and give thanks to Akua (G-d) Great Spirit for the fruit that will come of your stand. I bless you and your tribe in the Name of Christ.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and please help spread the word, the time is NOW!